Saturday, June 6, 2015

Hydrotherapy and golden milk.

As often as I can, this is where I am.

Today I tried Ishnaan for the second time!

Ishnaan 
What? Hydrotherapy. Cold shower. I mean really cold. 

Why? For improved immune system, better circulation and of course getting more alert. Some sources say it's stress reducing and it just seems to make you better in so many ways.

How? Massage your body with the oil of your choice. I always go for coconut. Then get into the cold water for a few seconds. Massage. Get into the cold water again a few seconds. Repeat atleast four times or until you feel warm. Don't start off with warm water, just directly into the cold! Be brave! Note that this is easier to do Ishnaan if you're hot from laying on the beach a sunny day, going straight from the gym or worked up a sweat. After the shower it's nice to dive directly into the daily yogi practice. Well of course it might be a good idea to get dressed first...


Golden milk
What? A hot drink from turmeric and other spices mixed with milk. It doesn't have to be cow milk. I go for oatly. I imagine almond milk to taste fantastic with turmeric.

Why? Hard time sleeping or want to get more flexible. I have no idea if it works yet, but turmeric milk is besides a very cozy evening drink also nice for your joints and helps you rock into your sleep. I've done it once and it's nice. Will be the second time tonight and tomorrow is time to get more turmeric!

How? There's a quite good explanation at healthyholisticliving.com with benefits and recepie. I myself am using the one in YogaJona's book. You mix water and turmeric, cook it into a paste and then you just add your paste in warm (not too hot) milk. Cinnamon and cardamom go well with this! I also put ginger in everything. It's not only good, but also GOOD FOR YOU. 


Going through that pile of books. Sponging. Soaking up the knowledge. There's a lot of things I want to share, but for now I'm quite busy on the mat. Or on the beach. Or in the garden. 


No comments:

Post a Comment